This is an all time fave of mine. Once a batch is made I eat it all weekend till I feel SICK to the stomach… same every time, I just can’t resist a big crunchy chunk of it! It’s simple to make, no actual baking involved and is great for parties etc…. I’ve yet to meet someone who doesn’t like it.
130g milk chocolate
130g dark chocolate
4 tbsp golden syrup
90g broken up ginger nuts
70g broken up Rich Tea
100g marshmallows (hold back a handful for adding to the top at the end)
1 of the sharing size boxes of maltesers… think it’s about 120g
70g milk or white choc to drizzle over the top
70g raisins (optional)
You’ll need a square or rectangle baking tin.
1. Grease and line your baking tin with baking / parchment paper.
2. In your mixing bowl, break up all the biscuits into small bite sized chunks. You can pretty much use whatever biscuits you like here, some people use digestives but I prefer rich tea and ginger nuts to give it a nice crunch.
3. Melt together the chocolate, butter and golden syrup in a large bowl in the microwave. Start with the chocolate on it’s own for about 1 minute as it takes longer than the rest. Then mix and add in the butter and golden syrup and put back in and on in 30 second bursts till it’s all melted. Mix well.
3. Pour the chocolate mix over the biscuits in the mixing bowl and mix well until all the biscuits are covered. Add in the marshmallows (keeping back a small handful) and maltesers and mix through again. If you are adding the raisins throw them in now too.
4. Pour into the lined tray and press down with the back of a spoon. Add the last few marshmallows over the top.
5. Melt the 70g of extra chocolate and drizzle over the top. Put in the fridge for about 3 / 3.5 hours. Don’t leave it overnight though or it’ll be like a rock and you’ll never be able to cut it up. Cut into generous square pieces and ENJOY!
You can also follow me on Facebook here: https://www.facebook.com/KatesKabin
Or Twitter here: https://twitter.com/kateskabin