It’s Friday!! And you deserve a treat… a nice, minty, chocolatey, crunchy treat 🙂
These are kinda like an Aero biscuit cake really and are simple to make. The recipe does ask for a few drops of green food colouring and peppermint essence but if you don’t have them it really won’t make too much difference, the biscuit mix is minty enough without really needing the peppermint essence.
You’ll need some sort of square / rectangle baking tray for this, line it with baking paper / parchment / greaseproof paper.
200g milk chocolate
200g white chocolate
200g mint Aero, roughly chopped (I used 2 of the large bars you can buy in Dunnes or the Eurosaver shops, 105g each)
3 tablespoons golden syrup
2 drops green food colouring
2 drops peppermint essence
1. Start by breaking up the digestives into small pieces in your mixing bowl.
2. Either in a pan on the hob or a separate bowl in the microwave, melt the chocolate, butter and golden syrup and mix really well.
3. Pour this mix into the biscuits and add in the chopped Aero. Mix it all together with a spoon then press the mixture into your already lined baking tray.
4. Melt the white chocolate and add the food colouring and peppermint essence….. be careful with the essence, it’s soooo sweet and is really sickly if you add too much so literally a few small drops is loads.
5. Pour the white chocolate over the biscuit mix then refrigerate. Just leave it fridged for a couple of hours then cut into squares before it sets so hard that you can’t cut through it!
I bought these into work and they didn’t even make it as far as the canteen from my desk they were jumped on so quick!
You can also follow me on Facebook here: https://www.facebook.com/KatesKabin
Or Twitter here: https://twitter.com/kateskabin