I’ve a little book that is entirely dedicated to biscuits – and that is aaalllllll good with me cos I love ’em! There’s so many recipes in it but this one is definitely in my top 10. I made a batch for a friend’s family last year and was recently asked for the recipe so decided to make another heap of them and do a post ….any excuse for a chocolate chip bikkie!! 🙂
They’re easy to make, the only thing that you may not have is the orange essence. I use one that I bought from Decobake (it’s in the pic below) and find it really good and a bottle lasts for ages.
So let’s bake!
225g / 8oz butter, softened
140g / 5oz caster sugar
1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
2 teaspoons orange extract
280g / 10oz plain flour
Pinch of salt
100g / 3.5oz plain chocolate chips (use dark not milk)
1.5 tablespoons caster sugar
1.5 tablespoons ground cinnamon
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C about 170 for fan oven / 375°F / Gas Mark 5. Line 2 or 3 baking sheets with baking / greaseproof paper…. I used 3 trays.
2. Put the butter and sugar into your mixing bowl and mix well with a fork or wooden spoon.
3. Beat in the egg yolk and orange extract with a fork. Sieve in the flour and pinch of salt then add the chocolate chips and mix well with a spoon until totally combined. I’m a demon for raw cookie dough and this one is toooooo good!
4. For the cinnamon coating, mix together the caster sugar and ground cinnamon in a small bowl. Scoop out tablespoons of the biscuit mix, roll them into balls then roll them in the cinnamon mix to coat.
5. Put them on the prepared baking sheets spaced well apart. These won’t spread like the other big cookies that I’ve done but still give them a bit of room for expanding.
6. Bake in the preheated oven for about 15 mins. Leave to cool on the baking sheets for about 5-10 mins. I will put money on it that none of you can stop at one of these, they are seriously addictive!
You can also follow me on Facebook here: https://www.facebook.com/KatesKabin
Or Twitter here: https://twitter.com/kateskabin