Cheesecake – I love!
Chocolate – I love!
Bikkies – I love!
Therefore a chocolate cheesecake I most definitely love! And as I always say, these cheesecakes are so simple to make. No baking, no gelatine or anything… just a simple no bake cheesecake that can be ready in no time.
I did this with just dark and milk chocolate but you could mix it up by using maybe a Terry’s Chocolate Orange or another flavoured chocolate that you like (I am drooling at the thoughts of a Terry’s Chocolate Orange Cheesecake!)
So here we go!
For the base (I like a really thick base, hence the full pack of bikkies!)
400g digestives or a mix of cookies, digestives and ginger nuts – for this one I used chocolate chip cookies
220g caster sugar
250ml double cream
200g dark chocolate
100g milk chocolate
400g cream cheese
1. Either in a food processor or by hand, crush your biscuits.
2. Melt your butter and mix in well with the biscuits. Ensure the mix is well combined with no lumps of butter left. Press the mixture into your cheesecake tin and throw it into the fridge while you do your topping.
3. To make the topping, firstly melt your chocolate then leave to cool slightly. I do this in the microwave as it’s super speedy – just be careful to check it regularly as chocolate can very easily burn in the microwave.
4. Next, whip your cream until it begins to stiffen up… or gets to “soft peak” stage as all the cookbooks say 🙂
Add the cooled melted chocolate and mix REALLY well.
5. Add in the cream cheese and sugar and beat well again. This mixture is DELICIOUS!
6. Pour the mixture on top of your biscuit mix and then refrigerate again for a few hours.
I grated some chocolate over the top but it’s not essential… it should look something like this!
Serve up in big chunky slices and watch it be devoured! 🙂
You can also follow me on Facebook here: https://www.facebook.com/KatesKabin
Or Twitter here: https://twitter.com/kateskabin