I made these last week and posted a pic on the blog Facebook while munching away on them. I wasn’t even going to blog them as I just threw them together really so excuse the lack of pics as I went along but someone asked for the recipe so here it is! These cookies are unbelievably sweet and chocolately and amazing – if I do say so myself! 🙂
They’re even better than good if you get them 3 minutes after they’ve come outta the oven… gooey melty chocolate – amaze.
◾165g butter, cubed
◾250g caster sugar
◾30g cocoa powder
◾330g plain flour
◾1/4 teaspoon salt
◾1 teaspoon baking powder
◾2 tablespoons of Nutella
◾Half jar of Nutella from the fridge for stuffing
You’ll need a few baking trays – I got about 15 cookies out of this recipe and used 3 trays.
Let’s get going!
1. Preheat your oven to 180°C, about 160 if using a fan oven. Line baking sheets with baking / greaseproof / parchment paper.
2. In your mixing bowl, using an electric whisk or a fork combine the butter and sugar. Beat until totally combined.
3. Blend in the eggs one at a time, scraping down the bowl as needed. Mix in cocoa powder. Add the flour, salt, and baking powder until just incorporated, don’t overmix.
4. Add the 2 tablespoons of nutella and mix well.
5. Roll a small teaspoon of dough into a ball and flatten in your palm. Place on the lined baking tray. Put a teaspoon of cold Nutella in the center of the cookie. Roll a second small teaspoon of dough into a ball and flatten in your palm. Place it over the Nutella and press the edges of the two cookies together, sealing them like ravioli. Then press them down to flatten slightly, not flat as a pancake but just slightly flattened.
6. Repeat till all your dough has been used up. Bake for 20 minutes. Let cool on the baking sheets for 5-10 minutes.
7. Get these babies into you while they’re still warm… tasteeeeeee!! 🙂
You can also follow me on Facebook here: https://www.facebook.com/KatesKabin
Or Twitter here: https://twitter.com/kateskabin