Favourite sweet treats? Chocolate is up there for sure… along with cookies… and of course cheesecake! Throw them all in together and you have these amazing treats. A few separate steps to make but still bloody tasty.
For the cookie dough
170g butter at room temp
230g brown sugar
115g caster sugar
2 tsp. vanilla essence
1 tsp. baking powder
230g plain flour
1 pack of chocolate chips
150g Toffee Sweets (I bought a cheapo pack in Lidl)
For the cheesecake mix
225g cream cheese
115g caster sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla essence
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees or 160 for a fan oven. Line a rectangular brownie tin with baking paper.
2. Cream together the butter, both sugars and vanilla. Beat in the egg, then the baking soda and flour until it is well mixed, this might take a while and a bit of elbow grease.
3. Stir in the chocolate chips and toffee pieces. If your toffee sweets are quite large, cut them in two. I got a bag from Lidl for a few quid and used approx. 15 of them.
4. Divide mixture in half. Spread half of the dough evenly into the tin. This doesn’t need to be a thick layer and it’s ok if there’s a few bits of the tray that aren’t covered. Once baked it will all spread out anyway. Set the tin aside and start on the cheesecake mixture.
5. Beat together the cream cheese and sugar until creamy. Beat in the egg and vanilla. Beat until the mixture is smooth.
6. Pour and spread the cheesecake layer over the pressed cookie layer.
7. With the remaining half of the cookie dough, roll up a few balls and then press them down into flat disks. Lay them on top of the cheesecake layer, leaving bits of the cheesecake to show through also.
8. Bake for about 30 minutes or until the bars are cooked through and top is lightly brown. They’ll be a squidgy mess when you take them out so don’t even attempt to cut them for a few hours and don’t be tempted to try too much as the toffee will burn the tongue off you! They taste better once fully set the next day – Enjoy! 🙂