Sometimes you just need a major sugar fix… well I do anyway! 🙂 At times like that there’s nothing better (and more easy to make) than brownies ! I’m a bit bored with the basic brownie though and have tried peanut butter brownies one time too many ! So last time the cravings kicked in I decided I’d try out a recipe for Blondies.
They are nothing fancy, basically just a brownie, but using white chocolate instead of dark. I went for full on sugar overload and made them with fudge and then out of guilt added some healthy walnuts. Personally I prefer them without the walnuts so feel free to leave them out – whatever your preference.
150g White Chocolate
250g Soft Brown Sugar
1tsp Vanilla Extract
3 Eggs & 1 Egg Yolk
150g Plain Flour
100g Plain Fudge (chopped into small bits)
50g Walnuts (chopped up small)
50g White Chocolate Chips (or just chop up 50g of normal white choc)
1. Preheat the oven to 180° C or about 160 for a fan oven. Line a brownie or traybake tray with some greaseproof paper.
2. Do all your fiddly bits now like chopping up the fudge and walnuts & the 50g of white choc for your chunks if you need to so you have them ready for later.
3. Melt the 150g of chocolate and set aside.
4. In your mixing bowl, cream together the butter, sugar and vanilla extract. Then beat in the eggs and egg yolk. It will look all runny and not very nice but don’t worry 🙂
5. Sieve in the flour and fold gently and add in the melted chocolate and mix. It will thicken up now.
6. Keep aside a handful of each of the fudge, walnuts and chocolate chips and then throw the rest into the mixture and fold through.
7. Pour into the tin and spread evenly. Bake for about 35 mins.
Leave to cool and set for a while then cut into squares to serve.
If you like you can melt and drizzle some white chocolate over the top to finish it off!