So I recently tried out the low FODMAP diet as I suffer with IBS…. I won’t go on about it but basically I REALLY struggled on it. While trying to stick to it though, I tried a few gluten free recipes and this was one I was pleasantly surprised by. The brownies were delicious and moist and basically as good as any other brownies I’ve had. The addition of raspberries gave them a bit of a kick and they were devoured in work!
150g Dark Chocolate
100g Gluten free plain flour
3 Eggs, beaten
1 tsp Gluten free Baking Powder (Dr Oetker do one)
handful of raspberries
1. Grease and line your brownie tray. Preheat your oven to about 180 or 160 for a fan oven.
2. Melt together the butter and chocolate. I tend to do this in the microwave to save time and effort but you may prefer to do it over a pan of boiling water. I LOVE making brownies just so I can have sneaky spoonfuls of the chocolate and butter mix – delish!
3. In your mixing bowl, sieve in the flour and mix with the baking powder and sugar.
4. Beat in the eggs, then pour in the chocolate and butter combo and mix well. If you like walnuts or anything in your brownies throw them in now – I don’t!
5. Pour half of the mixture into your baking dish, Chop your raspberries in half and roll them in some flour. This apparently stops fruit from sinking to the bottom of the dish. Then pour the second half of the mixture over and throw in the oven for about 45 mins.
One they are done leave them to set for a while before cutting then dig in!