I have a serious sweet tooth and no matter how hard I try I just can’t seem to kick my chocolate cravings. This week I’m making a conscious effort to cut back a little bit on coffee and chocolate… this … Continue reading
This time of year brings out the hermit in me…. dark evenings just don’t motivate me to get out for a walk or do anything exciting. All I’m inclined to do is curl up on the sofa with the candles … Continue reading
I had such a lovely Easter weekend! I did some baking, I did LOTS of yoga and did a fair bit of eating too (what’s new?!) 🙂 First up was these absolutely addictive Peanut Butter Cups… they took all of … Continue reading
I’m MAD for peanut butter lately! For years I didn’t like it – actually, I just thought I didn’t like it but now I could eat it by the spoonful straight from the jar. Not that I would ever be such a savage and do that … ahem! 🙂
I’ve made a few peanutty things over the past while but when I saw this brownie recipe I ripped it straight out of the newspaper – I LOVE BROWNIES! I guess if you aren’t crazy for the chunky peanut butter you could use the smooth one but I think the bits of peanut add to it and the smooth one may get a bit lost amidst the flavour of the chocolate.
So get your jar of peanut butter and get baking!!
225g Dark Chocolate
1 teaspoon vanilla extract / essence
100g Crunchy Peanut Butter
30g Icing Sugar
30g Melted Butter
1. Preheat your oven to 180 degrees C, or about 160 for a fan oven. Line your brownie tray.
2. Start by making the peanut butter mix. In a bowl, beat together the peanut butter, icing sugar and melted butter.
3. Next melt the chocolate and butter together. I do this in a microwave just for speed but you can do it on the hob if you prefer. When doing it in the microwave I always get the chocolate in first and start melting that as it takes longer then add the butter closer to the end.
4. In a large mixing bowl, beat together the eggs, sugar and vanilla extract. Add in the chocolate mixture, folding it in.
5. Once that is all combined, sieve in the flour and fold in gently with a spoon.
6. Pour the fully combined mixture into your lined brownie tray. Then take a spoon and dollop spoonfulls of the peanut butter mix on the top. Swirl them around a bit if you like.
7. Bake for about 35 minutes… this could take longer, it really depends on your oven. You want the centre to still be slightly soft, not like a fully set sponge.
Serve hot with some yummy vanilla ice cream!
You can also follow me on Facebook here: https://www.facebook.com/KatesKabin
Or Twitter here: https://twitter.com/kateskabin
If you follow me either on WordPress or Facebook you will know that it was E’s birthday last week. And a birthday means a cake – well to me it most certainly does! So I spent a while trying to … Continue reading
Why is it that I’m cursed with such a love of food that isn’t good for me 😦 If it’s not chocolate or cake I’m craving it’s peanut butter! Cursed I tell you! I love the crunchy one and how … Continue reading
The Jenga tower is optional 🙂 If you were to walk into the living area in my apartment you’d see scraps of paper all over the place (unless I’ve just done a panic clean up if someone IMPORTANT is coming … Continue reading