I don’t know how on earth this happened, but last week I was at home and discovered a large Toblerone left over from Christmas at the back of one of my kitchen presses… I mean I NEVER have chocolate knocking … Continue reading
I REALLY need to invest in a food processor soon – it’s either that or I run the risk of being evicted from my apartment due to the noise complaints. Yet again, it was cheesecake day, so I spent a while with sandwich bags full of digestives and a rolling pin…. add lots of banging into the mix and I’d say I had some unhappy neighbours! I wasn’t too happy myself when the sandwich bag split and there were biscuit crumbs everywhere, grrrrrr…..Aldi sandwich bags 😦
I’ll throw a food processor onto my list of things I need to buy but don’t have the cash for as I’m still in “make-up obsessed” mode and spending all my spare dosh on eyeshadow and lipstick 🙂
This week I was heading over to a friend’s place for lunch. This is the coffee cake friend – you know, the one who makes an absolute feast every time I show up! I wanted to make a nice desert but was pretty pushed for time (busy lady this week!!) When I need a quick and easy treat I usually go for cheesecake, the no bake ones… total lazy mode here 🙂 So Toblerone cheesecake it was…..I frickin looooooove Toblerone, big triangle chunks of Swiss chocolate with nougat, drool. You know the massive ones you get from Duty Free on the way back from hols….well I usually pick up a couple to bring into work on the Monday – let’s just say they don’t usually make it into work (Savage?? Me? Never!) 🙂
This is the quickest thing to make, I went home at lunch and had it done and chilling in the fridge in about 20 mins. Made that bit quicker if you have a food processor to blitz the digestives instead of attacking them with a rolling pin like me. You’ll need a loose bottomed / springform tin.
400g pack of digestives
About 300g Toblerone… that’s about 3/4 of a large one. Keep 2 chunks for grating over the top – you know you’re gonna eat the rest!
400g full fat cream cheese (use low fat if you must but drain off any excess water or it’ll be a runny mess!)
250ml double cream
1. If you have a food processor, blitz the digestives in that. If not, beat the hell outta them with a rolling pin till they are a fine crumb.
2. Melt the butter in the microwave and in a large bowl combine the biscuit mix and butter. Mix it really well so there’s no parts of biscuit that have no butter. Put it in your springform tin and flatten down with the back of a spoon. Throw it in the fridge to chill while you make the topping.
3. Drain off any excess water from your packs of cream cheese and empty them out into a mixing bowl. Beat the cheese to loosen it up a bit. Pour in the double cream and whisk until it’s stiff. Electric whisk all the way here – your arm will be falling off if you’ve gotta do it with a fork.
4. Break up the Toblerone and melt it in the microwave in short bursts – and don’t let it burn, ya hear me, burnt nougat bits are not good! Mix the melted chocolate well then pour in into the cream & cheese. Give this a good mix, it’ll take a while to get it fully combined especially if you’ve got the mixture nice and thick. So keep mixing away then turn it out on top of the biscuit base and smooth out with the back of a spoon.
5. Back into the fridge for a couple of hours to chill then grate your 2 leftover chunks over the top, cut up and Ta Da… ready to serve, looking something like this chunk of yumminess!
You can also follow me on Facebook here: https://www.facebook.com/KatesKabin
Or Twitter here: https://twitter.com/kateskabin