I made this over the weekend and judging by the numerous mails I got asking for the recipe, I am not the only Nutella fiend out there! It’s pretty easy and the ingredients are straightforward stuff that most of you will probably have knocking around the press… that is of course if the Nutella lasts long enough to be floating around your kitchen press which is often not the case for me! 🙂
245g Plain Flour
40g Desiccated Coconut
1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
3 Large, Ripe Bananas
75g Natural Yoghurt
150g Butter, melted and cooled
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
5 Tablespoons Nutella
1. Preheat the oven to 250 degrees / 220 fan oven. Line a large loaf tin with baking paper.
2. In a large mixing bowl, sieve in the flour and add the coconut and baking soda then mix well and set aside.
3. In a separate bowl, mash the bananas and add the yoghurt, butter and vanilla. Gently add the wet mixture to the dry mix and stir loosely. Don’t beat it together too mush, allow it to be a bit lumpy and clumpy.
4. In a microwave safe bowl, heat the nutella for about 15 seconds, remove and stir then put back for another 10 seconds of heating.
5. Pour in half of the batter into the loaf tin and swirl half of the Nutella on top, then add the rest of the bread mix and repeat the swirling on top with the remaining Nutella.
6. Put into the oven… mine took over an hour to cook through so leave for about 40 mins and check on it. You want it to be so a knife or skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean (apart from some gooey Nutella!)
Leave the loaf to cool completely, remove from the tin and enjoy! 🙂