Well you asked and I’m answering! I only made this cheesecake over the weekend but once I put a photo up on my Instagram and Facebook I had a load of private mails asking for the recipe so… here it is!
If you are still on your healthy New Year buzz then this is not a recipe for you (I had a serious sugar rush afterwards!) … but if sweet treats are your thing and you fancy a little bit of this amazingness, possibly as your Easter dessert, then read on 🙂
280g Digestive Biscuits (or a mix of digestives and ginger nuts)
560ml Double cream lightly whipped until it forms soft peaks
140g Icing Sugar sifted
560g Cream Cheese Full fat
3 small bags Mini Cadbury’s Creme Eggs
4 Creme Eggs to decorate
60g Milk Chocolate
*** Start by throwing the bags of mini creme eggs into the freezer while you are doing the rest.
1. Crush the biscuits until all big lumps are gone… you can either do this with a food processor or like me with a rolling pin and some elbow grease!
2. Melt the butter and mix with the biscuits then press into your tin. Put it in the fridge while you do the rest.
3. Whip up your cream, you want it pretty stiff. Add in the cream cheese and mix well then sieve in your icing sugar (yes you must sieve it in or it will be lumpy!) Once it was all mixed mine wasn’t quite as stiff as I’d wanted it so I gave it another blast with the electric whisk.
4. Unwrap the mini Creme Eggs and chop them each into quarters. Fold in gently until fully combined.
5. Layer the mix on top of the biscuit base.
6. Chill for a few hours or even overnight.
7. Melt your milk chocolate in a glass bowl over a pan of boiling water or very carefully in short bursts in the microwave (it burns easily!) and allow to cool very slightly before drizzling over the cake with a teaspoon.
8. Cut your large Creme Eggs in half and use to decorate the top of the cheesecake, I threw on a couple of plain chocolate eggs that I had at home too… just cos, why not!? 🙂
Get ready for a serious sugar rush… Enjoy 🙂