Well you asked and I’m answering! I only made this cheesecake over the weekend but once I put a photo up on my Instagram and Facebook I had a load of private mails asking for the recipe so… here it … Continue reading
This time of year brings out the hermit in me…. dark evenings just don’t motivate me to get out for a walk or do anything exciting. All I’m inclined to do is curl up on the sofa with the candles … Continue reading
So technically this post should have been done 2 weeks ago but I have been super busy and didn’t get around to it – sorryyyyyyyyyyyy! 🙂 My very first blog post was at the end of April in 2013 and … Continue reading
I’m not one to blow my own trumpet – but sometimes you just have to right?! 🙂 I am a HUGE peanut butter fan – my daily snack in work is sliced up apples covered in the stuff. I’d been … Continue reading
es Seeing as it’s June I thought a nice summery recipe was in order. I am a complete chocolate addict but I do also love a nice fruity cheesecake – so I’ve married the two and got this FABULOUS white … Continue reading
One full year! Today Kate’s Kabin is one year old… how quickly does a year pass by you?! In a way it feels like I’ve been blogging forever but on the other hand it feels like the past year has … Continue reading
Ahhhhhh cheesecake! It’s been a while since I’ve done a nice cheesecake – shame on me! I was trying to be really healthy there a while back and bought lots of lemons and limes to add to water to drink … Continue reading
Cheesecake – I love!
Chocolate – I love!
Bikkies – I love!
Therefore a chocolate cheesecake I most definitely love! And as I always say, these cheesecakes are so simple to make. No baking, no gelatine or anything… just a simple no bake cheesecake that can be ready in no time.
I did this with just dark and milk chocolate but you could mix it up by using maybe a Terry’s Chocolate Orange or another flavoured chocolate that you like (I am drooling at the thoughts of a Terry’s Chocolate Orange Cheesecake!)
So here we go!
For the base (I like a really thick base, hence the full pack of bikkies!)
400g digestives or a mix of cookies, digestives and ginger nuts – for this one I used chocolate chip cookies
220g caster sugar
250ml double cream
200g dark chocolate
100g milk chocolate
400g cream cheese
1. Either in a food processor or by hand, crush your biscuits.
2. Melt your butter and mix in well with the biscuits. Ensure the mix is well combined with no lumps of butter left. Press the mixture into your cheesecake tin and throw it into the fridge while you do your topping.
3. To make the topping, firstly melt your chocolate then leave to cool slightly. I do this in the microwave as it’s super speedy – just be careful to check it regularly as chocolate can very easily burn in the microwave.
4. Next, whip your cream until it begins to stiffen up… or gets to “soft peak” stage as all the cookbooks say 🙂
Add the cooled melted chocolate and mix REALLY well.
5. Add in the cream cheese and sugar and beat well again. This mixture is DELICIOUS!
6. Pour the mixture on top of your biscuit mix and then refrigerate again for a few hours.
I grated some chocolate over the top but it’s not essential… it should look something like this!
Serve up in big chunky slices and watch it be devoured! 🙂
You can also follow me on Facebook here: https://www.facebook.com/KatesKabin
Or Twitter here: https://twitter.com/kateskabin
Recently I’ve played around with baked cheesecakes after sampling some FAB ones in both Damson Diner and while on hols in America. My Snickers one wasn’t a bad effort but I still tend to fall back on the nice, easy, … Continue reading
Not only is Marian Keyes my favourite chick lit author and my absolute favourite Twitter rambler (she is HILARIOUS!), she’s also got a really great cookbook called Saved by Cake. Fans of Marian might know that beginning in 2009 she … Continue reading